The following positions are deliberately succinct and the titles are a basic starting point. We are open-minded about background, qualifications, and approach. In some cases, a part time commitment may even suffice. In the end, we are after people who have a track-record of excellence and a passion that will allow these roles to become massively impactful additions to our team. If any of these interest you, read on to learn more about our ethos, operating principles, team, and the work we do. And, after reading through all of this, if you’re still really interested, reach out!
Our work is in hospitals across the United States, often serving hundreds of staff, physicians, and key hospital executives. Additionally, we have dozens of key partnerships and collaborative relationships related to performance, technology, and the future of medicine. Our team is in need of someone with experience growing a startup, who understands complex operations and building processes for a growing team. Full time availability required.
Our Practice has teams embedded in surgical operations all over the Nation, on both coasts and in hospitals around the Midwest. Leading these teams, managing relationships, and providing extraordinary insights around High Performance Medicine is demanding and complex. We are seeking someone with experience in building a services or consulting business who understands teams, performance, and scaling labor-intensive work. This requires travel and full-time availability.
Preferred experience building a services business — in strategy consulting or in healthcare device sales. Prior medical experience is NOT required but understanding how to grow a high-touch services business is strongly desired.
As we grow our business beyond “The Practice” and embedding teams in the operating room, we are building a unique suite of technology to bring unique performance tools and training into healthcare. These range from wearable technology for tracking stress to state-of-the-art advanced virtual reality training.
Preferred experience in product design and commercialization as well as in managing or growing a team.
Our work in hospitals and in building Surgical Performance Programs leads us to tailoring training programs. This is not technical training related to medicine but rather, a deeper creative effort to understand how to prepare medical staff for the high-pressure, demanding performances of modern surgery. This positions sits at the intersection of high-risk training, technology, and teams. We are seeking someone comfortable in those spaces, or passionate about bringing them together in healthcare through traditional tools and more modern solutions such as VR and immersive media. This position will be involved in designing the future of training in healthcare.
1. A bias toward creation. We are a startup and growing fast. Our team needs people who are eager to create and bring ideas to life, who do not require excessive direction.
2. Comfort moving fast, with minimal structure. We keep our model and approach evolving with every engagement. What we learn informs new approaches and style. We are looking for people who enjoy rapid change in an evolving structure.
3. Extreme initiative. You will be the first person to do much of the work you are doing for us. Thus, bold initiative is a core skill we seek and legacy playbooks do not exist.
4. A passion for learning. We will give you time to learn the culture of medicine but we expect that you are constantly going deeper, both in your knowledge of the places we work and more importantly, how we can improve the work we do.
5. An ability to observe in an operating room which involves exposure to human beings under anesthetic, undergoing live surgical procedures. And then, provide direct + unvarnished feedback to staff at all levels about what you observe.
An unparalleled mission doing some of the most unique work in healthcare. The medical professionals you meet will share a love of doing hard things, wanting to make an impact in the world, and caring deeply about their craft. You will join a world-class team and learn from a collection of people who have been successful as athletes, pilots, musicians, creative performers, special operators, business leaders, and scientists.